Probiotics for Gastrointestinal Health
How can probiotics help Gastrointestinal Health?
Gastrointestinal health is central to our overall health and well-being. The role of the GI tract or gut extends beyond the essential function of breaking down nutrients from food to nourish our body, it also plays a critical role in protecting it against diseases.
If GI health is compromised, this may weaken our immune defence and to a greater extent, may even impact our mental health and well-being (via the gut-brain axis, gut-liver axis, gut-lung axis, etc.). Healthy GI function relies upon a complex ecosystem of bacteria, also known as the gut microbiota.
The gut microbiota consists of more than 500 species of bacterial cells that make up more than 95% of the total cells in the human body. The delicate balance of gut microbiota can be altered through the natural ageing process. In addition, the imbalance of the microbiota may also be attributed to a number of factors, including diet, stress, diseases and medications – particularly antibiotics.
Disturbances of microbiota balance may cause occasional digestive upset, such as increased discomfort of gas and bloating after a large meal, distress of transient constipation or diarrhoea. In certain cases, the symptoms are prolonged as is the case of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
Sacco System’s probiotics
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
|PENTABIOCEL®||Reduces the severity of IBS type symptoms, favoring the establishment of a balanced healthy gut microbiota||20 Bn CFU/day|
|K. marxianus fragilis B0399||Improves abdominal distension, reducing pain and bloating and improving fecal regulatory||0,113 Bn CFU/day|
|SYNBIO®||Successfully colonizes the gut, competing with and reducing harmful bacteria as well as enhacing bowel habits and well-being||1 Bn CFU/day|
|L. paracasei NTU 101||Improves gut motility decreases food transit time, and significantly raises antibodies levels and antioxidant activity||5 Bn CFU/day|
Gluten Sensitivity & intolerance
|PENTABIOCEL®||Reduces the severity of IBS-type symptoms in coeliac disease patients on a strict gluten free diet by improving gliadin hydrolysis (gluten protein mainly involved in the allergic burden)||20 Bn CFU/day|
|L. rhamnosus CRL 1505™||Significantly decreases intestinal infections. CRL 1505™ reduces acute diarrhoea and the incidence of antibiotic administration||0,1 Bn CFU/day|
Relieve Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms and gut sensitivity
A mixture of 5 strains of lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria:
• Lactobacillus plantarum 14D
• Lactobacillus paracasei 101/37
• Bifidobacterium breve Bbr8
• Bifidobacterium animalis ssp. lactis Bi1
• Bifidobacterium breve BL10
Clinical evidence suggests that PENTABIOCEL® may:
• Improve gliadin hydrolysis, a gluten protein mainly involved in the allergic burden in celiac patients
• Provide effective relief of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) in celiac patients
• Restore the balance of gut microbiota by increasing beneficial bacteria such as lactobacilli and bifidobacteria
K. marxianus fragilis B0399
Relieve Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms
• A natural probiotic yeast that is naturally occurring in kefir and cheese
• Kluyveromyces Marxianus Fragilis B0399® is highly resistant to gastric acidity and remains viable upon arrival in the large intestine
• Good adherence and colonization in human intestinal tract
• Helps to balance gut microbiota and promote the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria, particularly bifidobacteria
• Helps to modulate immune response and attenuates the proinflammatory effect in inflammatory disorders such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Celiac Disease
Clinical evidence suggests that Kluyveromyces Marxianus Fragilis B0399® may:
• Improve abdominal distension
• Reduce abdominal pain and bloating
• Improve faecal consistency and bowel regularity
Normalize bowel function and restore microbiota balance
• A blend of Lactobacillus rhamnosus IMC 501® and Lactobacillus paracasei IMC 502® (1:1)
• Lactobacillus strains isolated from the human faeces of healthy elderly Italians
• The effects of Mix SYNBIO® on bowel habits were successfully researched in a large healthy population (over 1000 subjects)
Clinical evidence suggests that Mix SYNBIO®may:
• Improve intestinal microbiota balance
• Stimulate the growth and activity of bifidobacteria and lactobacilli in the gut
• Promote natural intestinal regularity and increases faecal volume
• Improve bowel habits of healthy adults
L. paracasei NTU 101
Prevent and promote recovery of diarrhoea with early probiotic intervention
NTU 101 positively modulates the gut microbiota, improving gastrointestinal function.
- NTU 101 is supported by more than 25 publications in pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- NTU 101 has been proven to improve gastrointestinal health.
- Clinical evidence indicates that NTU 101 can boost bifidobacteria and lactobacilli in the human gut, improve gut functionality
and improve host’s anti-oxidative capacity.
- Moreover, NTU 101 has proven to be effective in relieving constipation, gastric lesions, and ulcerative colitis.
L. rhamnosus CRL 1505TM
CRL 1505 TM reduces the incidence of upper respiratory tract and gastrointestinal infections, supporting the immune system and reduces the need for antibiotics consumption.
- More than 35 publications in pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Scientifically demonstrated ability to keep viral and bacterial respiratory tract infections at bay
- Clinically proven reduction of upper respiratory and gastrointestinal infections
- Every day 350,000 children in Argentina benefit of the immunological properties of CRL 1505 TM which is part of the official
National Nutritional Program